It was a week of glazing bisque and firing kilns. The culmination of all the weeks spent making models, moulds, and slip casting. The moment of truth when it all comes together.
The first glaze firing barely made it to temperature when an element burned out. Half a cone lower than the target. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the kiln the next day. The glaze surfaces had an intense beauty.
I changed the burned out element on Sunday. Fired off a second load yesterday. Half a cone hotter than my target.
I just had a quick look at the work from the second firing. The glaze surfaces are much more fluid. My ideal surface is something in between. Half bent cone 9 would be perfect. Next time.
More glazing and firing this coming week.